Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Big Trouble



Today I got in Big Trouble. I didn't think that the Boss (that's me) could get in Big Trouble, but it seems that I was wrong about that. I was going to ask the Assistant Boss if I would be demoted, but I was afraid of what she would say.

Sometimes I get lonely when my coworkers go home for the night, and I have to find things to do to keep myself occupied. Sometimes I nibble on a plant, or I knock Craig over, or I dump Christine's inbox into the recycling bin. . . but what I like to do the most is chew on cords.
Cords are fun to chew. They feel nice in my teeth, and they wiggle and squirm so I can hunt them. But apparently chewing on the cords is a Very Bad Thing To Do.

When I chew on cords, it causes a flurry of activity around the office. Today was very exciting: Pat took the cord off of her computer and threw it away, Linda rearranged all of her furniture, and Christine crawled around on the floor with lots of black tubes. Assistant Boss Karen was frustrated with me, but I'm very charming, and she couldn't stay mad at me for long.


Because I am in Big Trouble I am not getting any treats and no one will get my dot out for me to hunt. Most of the tasty cords have been hidden from view--at least from human view--or wrapped up in black tubes. My officemates said that I was getting a supply of cords for Christmas, which they would hide in the closet.

Why would they get me a present and then hide it from me?

Besides, I have not presented anyone with my Christmas list yet. I'm still trying to decide whether I want a mouse (small, but has a tail) or a hamster (stubby tail, but bigger).

Here is a picture of me shelving. This is something library employees do.


Until next time!

Tober

No comments: