Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why you should love cats

I've heard through the grapevine that there are people that prefer dogs over cats. I can't understand it. We cats are lovable, beautiful, friendly, silky soft, and we show affection with a gentle purr. . . rather than noisy, annoying barking and destructive tail-wagging. We exhibit self-control and polite manners, and we're usually quiet until provoked into an argument (or until we get hungry).

As I look around my quiet new home, I'm wondering, are there any library dogs out there? Probably not. A dog couldn't be trusted to guard his workplace with dedication and alertness. A library dog would be sleeping right now, I betcha. A library dog would exuberantly greet the smallest customers (they're so cute, and they wave at me!) by jumping up and knocking them down. A library dog would potty in the floor and look sheepish in the morning!

Not me. No, a highly-trained, responsible library cat (like me) would never do such things!

Okay, enough about dogs. Some people like them, I suppose, and I hear that the baby ones are cute (until they grow into huge, drooling, snarling monsters).

Still, I will end by saying this: Cats--particularly library cats--will someday rule the world! And that world will be flooded with unbelievable cuteness!


See! How cute is that? We'll even make peace with birds.

Okay, I'm going to take a nap now.

Sweet dreams,

Tober

No comments: